EQAO assesses how well Ontario’s public education system is developing students’ reading, writing and math skills. EQAO provides reliable and useful information that is used to help improve student achievement and ensure the accountability of school boards.
Due to COVID-19: the Ministry of Education has announced that EQAO assessments, including the OSSLT, scheduled to take place this school year will be cancelled. For students who are graduating this year, the literacy graduation requirement will be waived. Students who are not graduating this year will have the opportunity to write the OSSLT in the 2020-21 school year.
The Grade 9 Math Assessment
- The Grade 9 math assessment evaluates the math skills that students are expected to have learned by the end of Grade 9, according to The Ontario Curriculum. Different versions of the assessment are administered in the academic and the applied math courses.
- Grade 9 EQAO Math Assessment for Semester 1 will take place Wednesday, January 15, 2020 and Thursday, January 16, 2020.
- Grade 9 EQAO Math Preparation Sessions - Starting on Thursday, October 31st and ending on Thursday, January 16, 2020 - click here for details
- Grade 9 EQAO Math Resources - click here
The Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test
- The OSSLT evaluates the literacy skills students are expected to have learned across all subjects up to the end of Grade 9, according to The Ontario Curriculum.
- Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test will take place Wednesday, March 31, 2020.
- Grade 10 OSSLT Preparation Sessions - starting Thursday Feb. 13, 2020 - click here
- Grade 10 Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test Resources - click here